Auction Terms and Conditions
Consent to the terms of service is necessary in order to use the services provided by Nihon Coin Auction, and consent is automatically assumed when customers use our service.
Terms and proceedings of this auction will be based on the Japanese text.
Terms and warnings regarding bidding on the floor, internet bidding, and bidding by post
- All items listed for auction in the catalog and website have been assessed to be authentic, unless it is noted otherwise (as a fantasy item, replica etc.). No claims or returns will be entertained, even if the authenticity gets disproved eventually due to improvements in scientific technology and/or discovery of new information.
- Notations for each of the auction items are prepared based on our inhouse assessment standards. However, buyers bear the final responsibility for their own purchases. After the auction, claims or returns based on assessment by other standards such as Professional Coin Grading System (PCGS), Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) will not be entertained.
- Auctioning generally starts from the lowest price listed in the auction catalog or online, or from the second highest bidding from the preliminary bidding with a 4-10% price increase.
The auctioneer will decide the starting price and the price range of the auction.
If there are bids in the same amount, the successful bid will be that of the bidder who submitted the bid the earliest.
The auction price range will be as follows. *Fractions within the price range will be rounded down.
- Less than ¥5,000: ¥200 increments.
- Greater than ¥5,000: ¥500 increments.
- Greater than ¥10,000: ¥1,000 increments
- Greater than ¥50,000: ¥2,000 increments.
- Greater than ¥100,000: ¥5,000 increments.
- Greater than ¥500,000: ¥10,000 increments.
- Greater than ¥1,000,000: ¥50,000 increments.
- Greater than ¥5,000,000: ¥200,000 increments.
- Greater than ¥10,000,000: ¥500,000 increments.
- Greater than ¥50,000,000: ¥1,000,000 increments.
- A handling fee of 10% on the successful bid price and 8% consumption tax on that handling fee will be charged in addition to the bid item.
Example) The bid price is ¥50,000.
- Bid price ¥50,000
- Handling fee ¥5,00
- Consumption tax ¥400
- Total ¥55,400
- Objections or returns of items won at auction halls are not accepted, regardless of whether there was preliminary inspection, without exception. In addition, the same applies to online bidding performed at the venue.
- Should problems concerning the auction arise, the auctioneer has the right to make final decisions at his or her discretion.
- The auctioneer has the right to reject or limit bids from bidders (including those who bid by post) who failed to comply with terms in past auctions.
- Participants in the floor auction must register in advance or at reception on the day of the auction. After registering, participants will be given a bidding card (paddle) and an entry permit to the auction room. Bidders can participate in the auction by showing this bidding card. Those who do not hold an entry permit will not be allowed in the auction room or preliminary viewing room, even if they are not bidding. Online bidders will be automatically registered at the time of bidding, but those who wish to use the floor as well will be required to register a separate bidding card in advance or at reception.
- When registering for the auction, those who are unfamiliar to our company and who we have no history of dealings will be required to submit proof of identity and a bid deposit on the day of the auction or in advanced. A copy will be made of the submitted proof of identity.
- Bids, changes in bid price, or bid cancellations cannot be made by telephone. Changes or cancellations by post or fax cannot be made after the auction has ended, no exceptions.
- Cancellations and returns due to the mistakes in entering the lot number or bidding price are not permitted.
- We may contact you by telephone for confirmation if the registered address, name, lot number, or bidding price is unclear or illegible. Please register a phone number that can be reached on weekdays between 10:00 AM (JST) and 5:00 PM (JST).
- The following and similar bids will be invalidated, so please clearly specify the lot number and bidding price.
- If ¥ △△△ bid on lot number ○○○ is unsuccessful, bid ¥ ◇◇◇ on lot number ◎◎◎ .
- Bid ¥ △△△ on lot number ○○○ or ◎◎◎ .
- Other bids in which the price is not listed clearly.
- Nihon Coin Auction will perform online proxy bidding for bids done through bidding application form. Proxy bidding through bidding application form will not be charged a commission free.
- Please send bidding application forms as early as possible. Bids arriving after the deadline due to postal problems will be invalid, even if they are the highest bid, and the auctioneer will not be held responsible.
Payment for items won in auction
- Payments for items won in auction must be performed within 14 days of the end of the auction.
- Transfer fees for payments on items won in auction as well as shipping fees for the item itself will be the responsibility of the bidder. (Bank transfer fees are the responsibility of the bidder.) Payment associated with it please liguidation in Japanese Yen.
- Please contact us if you want to pay with Paypal( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Delivery and return of items won in auction
Items won in auction cannot be delivered on the same day as the auction. The items will be delivered using the following schedule.
- Items won in auction will be delivered within 14 days of the end of the auction.
For office pickups, be sure to call us by 4:00 PM (JST) the day
following the end of the auction. Bidders who do not contact us will have their items sent by post after payment has been confirmed.
11:00 AM (JST) - 5:00 PM (JST) at the offices of Daruma Inc.
- Return of items won in auction for bids performed by post or online will be accepted within 5 days of the date of arrival of the item.
However, returns will not be accepted in the following cases.
- The bidder has viewed the item in advance.
- “No returns” or special conditions were listed in the auction catalog or online.
- Payment was made after the deadline specified in the terms.
- Bids made by mistaken entry on the bidder’s application form.
- Grading, such as PCGS or NGC, has not been performed.
- Cracks and damage to the case which do not affect the coin's PCGS or NGC.
- No reason for return is written.
- The reason for return lacks legitimacy.
- Returns will not be made on any item after the specified return period has expired, no exceptions. This applies even in cases of washing, molding, repair marks, and flaws not listed in the auction catalog.
- No Chinese coin and paper money can be returned after auction, no exceptions. This applies to bids by mail or online as well (there is no established return period).
Credit limits in bidding
- If online registration is complete, registrants are allowed a bid limit of ¥1,000,000.
- Those who wish to participate in auctions that have gone beyond this limit, please contact us a minimum of 3 days prior to the start of the auction.
- Changes to the limit on the day of the auction are not accepted.
- Deposits made will be returned or used for successful bids promptly after the end of the auction.